How do I Change My Printer Status to Online
In most cases, your printer might appear offline if it can’t connect to your laptop or PC. Here are some ways you can change your printer status from offline to online
Make sure your printer is turned on and connected to your PC/laptop on the same Wi-Fi network. You can also find the connected network on the display panel (built-in menu) of your printer.
Check if your printer is not in the “Use Printer Offline” mode. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Click “Start” (Windows icon on the bottom left of your screen) and go to “Settings” (gear icon)
- Select “Devices” and choose “Printers and scanners”.
- Now, select your printer and go to “Open queue”
- Under the “printer” option, deselect “Use Printer Offline” to change your printer status to Online.
If this does not fix your problem, you might want to consider these options:
- Run a printer power cycle
- Open “Printers and scanners” and set your printer as the default printer.
- On your device, remove and add your printer again.
- Restart your PC/laptop