How to Troubleshoot Canon Error Code B200 ?
Is your Canon printer showing an Canon B200 error code and you have no idea what that means? do not worry! You have come to the right place. Today we’ll tell you everything you need to know about the Canon B200 error code, including what causes it and how you can fix it in a jiffy. If you are not a technologist, you can use the help in this blog to fix Canon B200 error code.
Let’s Know What is Canon Error Code B200 ?
Canon error code B200 is perhaps one of the most common errors encountered by Canon printer users. Most of the time the error is caused by a misconfiguration of Canon printer files on your Windows system. However, there are some other reasons that can also cause the Canon B200 error code, some of which are mentioned below:
- Missing or damaged printer files
- Access violation to the printer
- Registration refused
- Unavailable path “% PROGFILES64% \ WIDCOMM \ Bluetooth Software \ Canon WF3640”
- The mandatory component required to operate Bluetooth is missing
Now that you know all the possible reasons that can cause the Canon B200 error code on your printer, you can continue with the steps to fix the error.
Steps To Fix Canon Error Code B200 :
Fix the Circuit Issue :
Errors such as Canon error code B200 can occur due to the printer circuit problem that is related to the print engine or ink system. To solve this problem, follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Turn your Canon printer on and off as soon as it starts to boot up.
- Leave it like this for 15 minutes and then turn the printer back on.
Update Your Windows 10 :
Another reason that can cause Canon error code B200 on your printer is an outdated version of the Windows operating system. To fix the problem, you just need to install the latest Windows updates on your system. Follow the steps below to find out how you can install system updates.
- Power on and log in to your Windows PC.
- Click Start and enter Windows Update in the Windows search box.
- Hit Enter to search for the same and then open the Windows Update Settings option from the search results.
- Click Check for Updates and then click Install to start the update process.
- Once the updates have been installed successfully, restart your PC and log in with your administrator account.
- Click Start again and select All Programs.
- Go to Accessories and select System Tools.
- Click on System Restore. In the next step, you need to select the restore point.
- Click Next in the confirmation window and restart your computer.
B200 Error on your Canon Printer usually indicates that the print head has died! Before you go trashing the printer or buying a new one try some of the following suggestions.
1. Remove all ink cartridges and reinstall the new ones.
2. Remove the printhead and thoroughly clean all gold contacts on the printhead itself. When reinstalling the print head, make sure the flat cable connector is firmly connected to the print head (this generally applies to older models).
3. When the print head is outside, clean it thoroughly by rinsing off all the ink with the hot water tap. This Video Can Help: Cleaning the Print Head
4. The next method to try is to reload the printer drivers, as in some cases the B200 error code can be caused by a corrupted driver.
5. Try to turn off the printer and unplug it from the wall for at least 2 hours. Sometimes this can work.
6. If all else fails, follow the instructions in this video.
7. Buy a new Canon printhead and install it yourself.