To set up an HP printer on a wireless (Wi-Fi) network, connect the printer to the network, then install the printer driver and software from the HP website from a computer with Windows. When prompted during the installation, select Wireless as the connection type 123 HP Envy 5539 Wireless.
Step 1: Prepare for the connection
Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password, and turn on your router, printer, and computer.
- Gather the following items:
- Network name: The network name is the SSID (Service Set Identifier).
- Network password: The password might also be called the WEP key or WPA security passphrase.
- A computer connected to your wireless network
- Internet access: HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL for software downloads, using Web Services, and getting printer updates.
- Make sure the router and computer are turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network to which you want to connect the printer. Turn on the printer and place it close to the computer and within range of the router during the setup procedure.
- Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
Step 2: Connect to the wireless network
The Wireless Setup Wizard provides an easy way to set up and manage the wireless connection to your printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on.
- On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon.The Wireless Summary screen appears.
- Touch Settings, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your 123 HP Envy 5539 Wireless.
Step 3: Download and install the printer software
Complete the wireless network connection setup through the HP software installation.
NOTE:As an alternative method to downloading the software, you can use the installation CD.
- Go to 123.hp.com.
- Enter your printer model number, and then click Begin.
- Click Download, and then click Open, Save, or Run in any windows that display to download the driver to your computer.
- Double-click the driver file in the browser downloads bar or in the Downloads folder on the computer to launch the driver installation.