Can I Print From My Phone Without Wifi?
Printing from your smartphone has come a long way from lengthy connectivity procedures and unnecessary app downloads. Android users can now skip installing the “Google cloud print app” and directly give print commands with the tap of a button. If the app you’re trying to print from is compatible with printing, you can get your work done within minutes. Depending on the model of your printer, you can also use “Wi-Fi Direct” to print copies without an internet connection (or Wi-Fi).
What is Wi-fi Direct?
Wi-fi Direct or Wi-Fi P2P (peer-to-peer) is a technology that allows a user to connect with other devices without a wireless internet connection. You can exchange files, deliver media and even browse the net, somewhat like Bluetooth. Somewhat identical to an “ad-hoc” wireless connection, Wi-Fi Direct lets you automatically discover and connect to nearby devices.
Connect your Android smartphone to a wireless printer.
- Firstly, switch on Wi-Fi on your android device. You don’t need to connect to a wireless network.
- Tap the “Wi-Fi Direct” option on your wireless printer to enable data exchange.
- Now, click on your printer model and type in a password (if any) to connect.
- Once you establish a secure connection, just open the file you want to print and click the menu icon to open drop-down options.
- Simply find your wireless printer and print.