If you live in an apartment building, chances are that you can see a long list of visible printers while preparing to print. Printer names usually appear as their model and it can be quite annoying to separate yours from the others. Luckily, HP allows its users to change their printer name in a few easy steps.
- Open “Control Panel” and select “View Devices and Printers”.
- Now, right-click on your printer and select properties
- In the window that opens, go to the general tab.
- Here you can rename your device to anything you want.
- Open a browser of your preference (Safari, Google, Mozilla) and paste your printer IP address/Hostname in the URL search bar. This will automatically open an Embedded Web Server (EWS).
- Select the “Networking” tab → Click “TCP/IP settings” → Click “Network Identification”
- On your screen, find the “Bonjour Service Name” field and type in your new printer name.
- Click “Apply” to finally save your preference.