Windows 10 is without a doubt a great operating system, but it has some flaws. One of the biggest drawbacks of Windows 10 is its hardware compatibility, and some older devices may have problems working with Windows 10.
The Canon PIXMA MP160 is a great printer, but here are some of the most common issues users have reported with the device:
Canon MP160 Error 5 – If you encounter this problem with your printer, you can fix it by updating your drivers. Alternatively, you can try to install the latest drivers and check what helps.
Canon PIXMA MP160 Error 2, 5, 16, 5100 – There are many issues that may appear with your printer, and if you encounter any of these problems, you will need to fix them using our solutions. should be able.
How To fix Canon PIXMA MP160 issues on Windows 10?
1. Reinstall the Printer drivers
Turn off your printer and unplug it.
Press Windows Key + X to open the Power User Menu and select Device Manager from the list
Locate your printer driver, right-click it, and choose Uninstall.
If available, check to Delete the driver software for this device and click Uninstall.
Go to official website and download driver software
2. Run the printer application as administrator
- Find the TWAIN application and right-click it.
- Choose run as administrator from the menu
- Set the application to always run with administrative privileges
- Right-click on the application and choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and run this program as an administrator. Click Apply and OK.
3. Clean your ink cartilages
- Remove the ink cartridge from your printer.
- Turn off the printer by pressing the power button on it.
- Use kitchen tissue or any other non-fibrous tissue to clean the front contacts of the cartridge.
- After doing this, press the power button to restart your printer.
- Insert cartridge.
- We hope that you managed to fix the problems with your Canon PIXMA MP160 after using our solutions.
4. Disconnect the printer and shut down your PC
- Disconnect the printer from your PC.
- Turn off your PC, and disconnect its power cable from the power outlet.
- Wait a few moments and restart your PC.
- Once your PC boots, connect the printer once again.
- Keep in mind that this is just a temporary solution, so if you face this problem again, you may have to repeat it.
5. Install the latest updates Windows 10
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
Go to the Updates and Security section.
- Now click the Check for updates button
- Windows will now check for available updates and download them in the background. After the update is installed, check if your printer still has problems.
The Internet can not solve internal or hardware problems. But if you are unsure of the reliability of these tools, you can ask our Canon experts for help.