Printers have become an essential part in our day to day as it fulfills not only all necessary office work but also personal tasks. Canon is a master at manufacturing almost the entire range of printers, be they laser or normal. But sometimes it becomes very difficult for non-techies to use these devices, especially when using them for the first time. Due to lack of technical knowledge, the Canon printer cannot be used properly for printing, scanning or faxing. Don’t feel sad! The expert technical support team is always at your disposal. Get here the best technical advice for the installation and configuration of Canon printers. Install the printer driver, USB driver on your Windows and Mac to get hassle-free printing from your Canon printer.
Procedures Relevant to the Installation of Canon Printers:
Follow the provided steps one-by-one to gain Canon Printer Installation process in handy way. Have a glimpse at below points and perform the same:
Procedure 1: Installing a USB Printer For Windows And iOS
Follow the given instructions to install a USB printer for both Windows system and iOS system:
- Read the instructions mentioned in the book that came with the printer. You can even find the desired information on Google simply by searching for “manufacturer’s model compatibility”
- Now, connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable
- Turn on your printer now
- Wait for your system to detect the device and install the printer
- Also install the printer software
- In case you don’t have the disc, download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website
- Run the downloaded file to install the driver. Now your printer is ready to print, scan or fax
Procedure 2: Install A Network Printer For Windows
You can connect your printer to a network using cables or wirelessly.
Wired – With a wired Ethernet network cable, you can simply connect your device, and it typically doesn’t require any additional network setup.
Wireless: Connect your printer to a Wi-Fi network to connect the device wirelessly.
Desired steps to follow
- Open the Control Panel on your Windows
- Select “Devices and Printers”.
- Click Add a printer
- Now choose “add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer”
- Select your wireless printer from the given list and click Next
- Now Install Drivers – During installation, make sure your system is connected to the internet. In case you don’t have internet, you can use the CD that comes with the printer
Procedure 3: install a network printer for iOS Follow the steps below:
- Click on the Apple menu and select System Preferences
- Opt for the print and fax option
- Touch the “+” symbol to add your printer
- Select your network printer in the default tab
- Click Add and now your network printer is installed on iOS and you can use it frequently to print from iPhone, iPad or iPod
Procedure 4: Install a Canon Wireless Printer
- First, make sure your printer is plugged in and turned on
- Check if the printer has installation software
- Now connect the printer to the wireless network
- Make sure your computer and printer are on the same network