Complete Epson Printer Troubleshooting Solutions
Epson printer troubleshooting problems include diagnosing them first-hand and then fixing them. Common problems with Epson printers are that they stop printing unexpectedly, print blank pages, jam paper, and print slowly. Often times, an error message appears on the printer screen, making it easier for the user to understand the problem. Solutions are available for every printer problem and do not involve visiting a service center. Here are some of the proven printer troubleshooting methods.
Can’t Find My Epson Wireless Printer :
- Although it is obvious, check if the printer is turned on. (may be lost due to remote location)
- If your printer is connected via a wireless network, check if the connection is stable and strong.
- Connect your Epson printer and your computer to the same wireless network to troubleshoot the Epson printer.
- Restart the network device (router / modem) and update the Wi-Fi connection on your printer.
- Turn off the printer, unplug all attached cables, and turn it on again.
- Enter the IP address of the printer when it is not listed under Devices.
- Update your printer driver / software to the latest version.
- Try changing the location of the printer and check if it is connected to the network now.
Why Is My Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages?
- Replace ink cartridges that are low on or old ink.
- Check if the yellow tape has been removed from the ink cartridge.
- Use paper that meets the specifications of the printer.
- View the nozzle check pattern to locate any clogged nozzles by following Why is my Epson printer printing blank pages?
- Make sure you have entered the correct paper size, orientation, and layout settings to troubleshoot your Epson printer.
- View the print output preview and eliminate blank pages.
- Go to Devices Printers and scanners Your printer Manage printing preferences.
- Select Skip Blank Page OK.
How Do I Factory Reset my Epson Printer?
- Turn off the printer.
- Rotate the printer so the back is facing you.
- Get something sharp like a paper clip or a pen by following the procedure How do I reset my Epson printer to factory settings?
- Look for the Reset button on the printer. It is small and is enclosed within the case.
- Press and hold the Reset button with the paper clip or pen.
- Turn on the printer while holding down the Reset button following How do I reset my Epson printer to factory settings?
- Release the button only when a warning prints.
- Another sheet is printed with the IP address of the reset printer.
Why is My Epson Printer Not Printing?
- Use only legal-size printer paper for printing.
- Unplug the power cord from your printer and plug it back in after a few seconds. Small problems are easily corrected with this method.
- Turn off your printer, then run print alignment on the machine to resolve my Epson printer not printing issue.
- Open the printer cover and check for a paper jam.
- Locate the printer sensors near the front ink cartridge cover.
- Clean them as they control paper feeding and removal.
- Clear the paper rolls to prevent overheating and internal damage to resolve Why my Epson printer is not printing.
- Check the status of the network connection if the printer is wireless.