Solution To Fix Epson Error Code 0x9A
Epson Printer, without a doubt, is one of the most trusted printer brands operating around the world. If you want to buy a printer but are on a tight budget, Epson is the printer brand that can offer you the best. However, there are times when you may face some errors with your Epson printers, which is not a problem as long as you can fix them. You can also contact Epson technical support for immediate assistance and have your printer repaired. In this blog, we are going to talk about one of those Epson printer errors i.e Epson error code 0x9A. The error can be due to various reasons, but it is mainly due to a printer cartridge failure. If you are experiencing Epson error code 0x9A, you should follow this guide and get your printer working fine as before once again.
What the Main Reason Epson Printer Error Code 0x9A?
As we said above, Epson error code 0x9A is most often caused by printer error failure. However, this is not the only reason that can cause this error. There are many other reasons for the Epson error code 0x9A, for example when the paper tray is blocked by debris or pieces of paper, or the encoder strip is dislodged or the rail is damaged. In some rare cases, hardware malfunctions can also result in errors such as printer belts or gears, print heads, or faulty car driver motors. In such cases, you have no option to help the technical support professionals of Epson. However, we suggest that you first try the following methods to fix Epson error code 0x9A.
Follow the Methods to Troubleshoot Epson Error Code 0x9A :
Now that you know what are the possible causes of Epson Error Code 0x9A and what exactly it is, you can work on its recovery. If you are in a hurry and want to get your printer fixed right away, you can also take it from our printer experts and let them do it for you instead. Otherwise, you can follow the steps below to fix Epson Error Code 0x9A on your own.
Let’s Start With Cleaning the Printer :
- First of all, you need to cancel all print jobs from the queue on your PC.
- After canceling the print job, open the top cover of your Epson printer machine.
- Keep a proper eye inside your printer and clean out any dirt, debris, pieces of paper, paper pins, staple pins, or anything else.
- Once you clean up the mess, press the Start button on your printer and try to print something.
- If your printer continues to show Epson error code 0x9A, then proceed with the next steps and follow them until your issue is fixed.
- Press the power button to turn it off and then open the scanner unit.
- If stuck, remove any jammed or torn pieces of paper.
- Now turn off the scanner unit and turn on the printer with the power button.
- Load new papers into the printer. If you do not know this process, follow the instructions to load the paper on your screen.
- To test whether your issue is fixed, print the test page. If the printer still displays the Epson Error Code 0x9A, continue with the next method.
Check Whether the Carriage Is Moving or Not :
You need to open the top cover of your Epson printer and check the cart. If it is moving automatically then just close the lid and follow the next method. However, if it is not running, you must first try to move it manually. If that does not work, remove the dirt from the printer compartment by blowing some compressed air inside it.
After cleaning the dirt from the car, close the lid and turn on the printer. Try printing the test page and check if the Epson error code 0x9A still occurs?
Inspect and Clean the Encoder Strip :
One of the reasons for the Epson error code 0x9A is dirty encoder strips. This printer is a plastic strip in the car that helps to read its speed and position. Sometimes, when it is dirty, you may encounter issues with your Apps printer that can only be fixed by cleaning the encoder strip.
Below we have mentioned how you can clean the encoder strip of your Epsign printer without any help.
- First, you need to switch your printer and then open its top lid.
- Take some ink cleaning solution and soak a cotton cloth in it.
- Take the encoder bandage to the left and clean it gently with a cotton cloth.
- Wipe off all remaining ink from the strip, but leave the squares covered by the printhead.
- Take care when you are cleaning the encoder strip so that the printer does not have a solution. If you leave some solution in the printer, wipe it immediately with a dry cloth.
- One more thing, do not rigidly pull or rub the encoder strip as it can cause permanent damage to your printer.
If the error still appears on your printer, you should contact Epson Printer Support for assistance as it may be a serious issue that needs immediate attention.