Fix HP Boot Device not found 3f0
One of the most common problems that occur for many computer users, is the HP boot device 3f0 not found error. It always happens suddenly and unexpectedly and leaves people missing. When the problem occurs, an error occurs in the HP 3f0 boot device when the hard drive does not support the system boot process. As noted, Windows cannot find a boot device to boot from. This can usually be an internal hard drive, an external USB drive, a CD / DVD ROM optical drive, and a network adapter. You may see any of the following hard drive errors on the screen:
Does the HP laptop or desktop computer contain the error “HP 3f0 boot device not found”? This post will provide some general fix for this issue for Windows 10/8/7 users as well as a way to protect your computer from system damage.
What is Boot Device Not Found Error 3f0?
Actually, the “startup device not found” error is a common error that many users have encountered. It always occurs during the computer startup process. It can happen with different error messages, like:
Once you receive those error messages, you cannot start your operating system successfully. Well, what if you get the “Startup device not found” error when you start your HP laptop or desktop? Fortunately, this post will offer you why it happens and how to solve it in Windows 10/8/7.
Why of HP Boot Device Not Found 3f0:–
Bootable device Error 3f0 not found when the hard drive does not support system startup process. As indicated, Windows cannot find a boot device to boot from. Usually, this can be an internal hard drive, an external USB drive, an optical CD / DVD ROM drive, and a network adapter.
- The incorrect boot order in BIOS
- Hard drive connection problem
- System files or boot files are corrupted without knowing
- The master boot record (MBR) or the damaged boot sector on the boot disk
- Other external attacks, such as applications protected by the third-party system, viruses, malware, etc.
- Once the error appears on the computer screen, the computer can run normally longer. Therefore, you should take immediate steps now to discover the reasons for the loss of the boot drive. Then you can use it as a reference.
Why boot device not found in HP Laptop and Computer?
Bootable device not found or no bootable device detected means the operating system cannot find a bootable hard drive or boot sector of the hard drive. To fix the boot device not found an error on the HP laptop or desktop, you need to know what can cause it. And here we conclude 4 reasons like the following list:
- The hard drive you boot from is a disk or device that cannot be booted.
- The bootable hard drive is damaged or died in some way.
- MBR or boot sector is damaged on the boot hard disk.
- Virus attack.
The System Recovery Options menu contains several tools, such as Startup Repair, that can help you recover Windows from a serious error. This toolkit is on your computer’s hard drive and on the Windows installation disc.
Let’s Fix Boot Device Not Found Error 3f0
Solution 1. Change boot order
First, you need to make sure that the hard disk you are booting from is the correct disk. If you configure booting from a device that cannot be started by mistake, it cannot start correctly from the device that cannot be started, and will give you the error message: “The boot device was not found. Please install an operating system on your HDD “. change the boot order in BIOS and let it boot from the boot device. If it is the boot device and you received this error, you can do the following methods.
Solution 2. Restore BIOS default settings
To restore the default BIOS settings, you can fix the “boot device not found” error on HP. You can do the following steps:
1. Turn off the computer and wait at least five seconds.
2. Restart the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
3. On the BIOS setup screen, press F9 to select and load the default BIOS setup settings.
4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
5. Select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
6. Follow the instructions to restart the computer.
If the computer restarts normally, you are done. If the “boot device not found” error message still appears, continue with the following method.
Solution 3. Perform a hard reset
A full reset resets the connection between the BIOS and the hardware. Performing a full reset is easy and can repair the bootable device not found in error 3F0. Follow these steps:
- Turn off the computer.
- Remove the computer from any docking station and disconnect the AC adapter from the computer.
- Make sure there are no peripheral devices connected to the computer.
- Now press the Power button for 15 seconds to drain the residual charge.
- Press the Power button to start the system.
- Once the Start menu appears, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally and press Enter.
The HP Boot Device that is not on the 3F0 hard drive can turn your computer into a device that is not working properly. But don’t panic and instead, use these methods to fix the 3F0 Hard Drive Error Code. If you can’t do it yourself, get professional help right away. Contact our Customer Service Assistant Get instant Solution.