After upgrading your system to Windows 10, if Brother printer drivers are not working, then you need not panic because fixing them is not a difficult task. There are several ways through which you can easily download and install Brother printer drivers in Windows 10 and fix problems with Brother printer drivers.
Before we go ahead and get familiar with how to download Brother Printer Drivers, let us first explore various other aspects.
- What causes brother printer driver errors
- Brother Printer Driver Common Issues in Windows 10
- Updating Brother Printer Drivers Using Driver Update Tool
- Where to download brother printer drivers for windows 10
- Update Brother Printer Drivers via Device Manager
- Update your printer driver manually
- Automatically update Brother printer drivers in Windows 10
- How to troubleshoot Brother printer drivers in Windows 10
What causes Brother Printer Driver Error ?
Many users worldwide have expressed serious concern with the Brother printer drivers after updating to Windows 10.
Brother printer users are of the view that the printer is not capable of completing important tasks like printing and scanning. The major reason you are facing this issue is that the Brother printer drivers need to be updated. This becomes a requirement after the Windows 10 update.
Your printer’s drivers have either been corrupted or gone missing, especially when you put them in various software apps or when you update your OS. Most of the time, printers and even the Windows operating system require an accurate motorist to match.
There are two situations where your printer will not work – when you have not (manually) set the driver and secondly when you detect the wrong printer driver. Since the Brother printer driver is oblivious, your computer / laptop will not be able to show the Brother printer.
Can’t Print after upgrading to Windows 10:
This problem is basically caused by the drivers, maybe after updating Windows you remember the drivers. It is very difficult to locate the missing driver, so it is better to uninstall the driver and reinstall the same. Follow the steps to perform this operation.
- From your computer, go to the “Control Panel” and under the section of “Hardware and Sound” click “View devices and printers”.
- Select your printer and then right-click on it and then click on “Remove device”.
- Now choose other printer icon and click on the “Print Server Properties” you can see this at the top right of the page.
- After clicking on “Print Server Properties”, a new page will appear and here you select Drivers and click on “Change Driver Setting”.
- Now select the Driver and click on “Remove”.
- Remove Driver and Package” dialogue box will appear on your screen click on “Remove Driver and Packages” and then click “OK”.
- After performing the earlier step, a warning box will appear, read it carefully and then click on “Yes” and finally click on “Delete”.
- Un-installation will take some time, after completing the same, reinstall the driver again.
How to Connect Brother Printer to WiFi ?
Method 1# Connect via WPS
- You can connect your Brother printer very easily using WPS and for this, follow the instructions given below:
- First of all, check that your router supports WPS connectivity and you can check if there is a WPS icon available.
- Now place your printer near the router or within a good range of your Wi-Fi connection.
- Now press the WPS button on your router.
- Hold down the Wi-Fi button for about 10 seconds and then the Wi-Fi indicator will flash.
- After that, the pointer will become solid once the connection is made.
Method 2# Connect using Infrastructure Mode
An infrastructure mode allows users to connect a printer to multiple devices and you can connect your printer with just the following steps:
- First, you need to note the SSID network name and password of the Wi-Fi router.
- Now make a connection between your computer and printer using a USB cable.
- Now hold down the Wi-Fi button on your printer for about 10 seconds and then it will enable the Wi-Fi capability.
- After that, you will need to set up Infrastructure Mode on your Brother printer.
- For this, go to the Wireless Settings section under Wireless LAN and then select Infrastructure for Communication Mode option.
- Now enter the network name in the given field and then type the password under the SSID field.
- Click the Apply tab to complete the process.
Method #3 Connect via Wireless Direct
- Make a connection between your printer and computer using a USB cable.
- Open the Printer Settings tool and then choose the Communications Settings option.
- A new page will open where you have to choose the settings you want to make and then click on the Apply tab.
- Now click on the General tab and then select the selected interface option.
- Press the Wi-Fi button on your printer and then it will switch to Wi-Fi.
- After that, enter the SSID username and password to complete the process.