Macbooks and iMacs are the very famous products of Apple Company. These devices represent the immense technological developments that we have seen and made. The peripheral devices like Printers, speakers etc are also greatly integrated with Macs. Here we can see the four ways to print using an HP Printer from Macs.
HP Normal Print
This the most common type of printing. The traditional one which we initiate the print job from the system. Here are the instructions to do that.
- From the mac, open the desired file that you would like to print.
- At the menu bar of the document, select to File → Print.
- A print window will appear.
- Click on Show Settings button.
- Now the printer settings will be displayed.
- Change any of the desired settings like colour, landscape or portrait print etc.
- Before you are done with the settings, just take a peek at the printer whether there are enough papers to print. If there is less stack some.
- Now, Select Print or OK.
- The printer will print the job.
AirPrint is a wireless printing solution that is present only in the Apple devices. This unique feature allows Mac users to print wirelessly using just a tap from their device. Only thing should be noted is that the printer should be a wireless one and should be connected to the same network that the Apple device is also in.
- Check whether the printer is switched on.
- Go to the control panel of the printer and check whether the printer is wirelessly connected to the home network that the device is also connected with.
- Now, open the document that needs to be printed.
- Click on the Action icon, which will then show various menu options.
- Press Print.
- Next, the Printer Options menu will appear.
- Choose the printer settings according to your requirement and then choose number copies.
- Importantly, select your printer in the Select print drop down box.
- Now press print.
- The printer will now print.
ePrint is an inbuilt feature in every HP printer. This feature uses a unique printer email address to print the document. Here are the steps to print using ePrint from the Mac.
- In order to print a file using this feature, you should be knowing about your printer’s unique email address.
- To get hold of that information, go to the Web Services menu of the printer’s control panel.
- From your mac Go to your email website.
- Compose a new email with the printer’s email address as the receiver.
- Attach the document to be printed and send it.
- Kindly note that the document should be lesser than or equal to 10 MB for this feature to work.
- Another important thing to note for this feature to work is that the HP printer should be connected with the home network with a good internet connection.
Having the same google account for all purposes does have its own perks. If you own a Google account, then you can equip your printer as a cloud printer which can print with just a tap after configuring it.
- First Sign in to your google email account.
- The cloud printing feature can be enabled to your printer with the printer’s unique email address.
- Using this link, register your printer with its unique mail id.
- Once your printer is added to the link, then the cloud print feature will be working fine on your printer.
- On your device open the file that you want to print.
- Open that file from the Google Drive, if the file is not available in google drive just add it.
- Open the file in Google Chrome or open it any one of the google file formats like Google docs, google sheets etc.
- Now click on File → Print.
- In the next window, you can simply click on the Google Cloud Print icon for printing the document.
- Just the printer should be connected to the home network with a good internet connection.
These are the four ways by which you can print from a Mac. The Wired print can be used if the printer is wired to the Mac. The others are wireless printing mechanisms in which the AirPrint needs the Printer and the Mac to be in the same network which means they both should be present in the same building. But the other two – ePrint & Cloud Print can be used as a remote printing facility.