How do Fix HP Envy 5532 Printer Troubleshooting
No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change
This document explains how to reconnect a previously installed wireless printer to the network if you changed your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or purchased a new router. When you change network settings such as the network name and password, you must also reconfigure the printer for those new settings.
Connect a printer with a touchscreen control panel
- From the home screen of your printer control panel, touch the Wireless.
- Touch the Setup.
- Touch Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings, and then touch Yes to confirm your selection.
- After the default network settings are restored, touch the back arrow, touch Wireless Settings, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.The printer searches for available networks.
- Touch the name of your wireless network.
- If your wireless network does not display in the list of wireless networks, touch Enter New Network Name, and then type the name of your wireless network.
NOTE:Type the exact network name, including any uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Type the WEP or WPA key (network password), and then touch Done.If you do not know your network password, go to Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password.Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.
- If the printer fails to connect, print a Wireless Network Test Report, and then follow any instructions on the report to troubleshoot wireless connectivity problems. For more information, go to Using a Wireless Network Test Report.