How do I Clean My Epson Printer Heads
Inkblots, smudges and streaky prints are some of the most common printer issues that users face. This is perhaps a signal that your printer heads need cleaning. Your Windows laptop/PC has an inbuilt function to help you conduct printer maintenance without any technical expertise. In this post, we explain how you can enable an automatic cleanup of your Epson printer heads.
- Click the “Windows icon” on the bottom left corner of your screen and go to “Settings”.
- Select “Devices” and then choose “Printers and scanners”. Alternatively, in the search bar below, type “Printers and scanners” and click enter.
- Now, right-click on your printer name and select “Printing preferences”
- In the window that appears, click on the “maintenance” tab
- Here, select “Head cleaning” from the list of options.
- At this point, your printer will do its own head cleaning.
At the end of the head cleaning, a nozzle check will be printed out. If there are any breaks in the line on your nozzle check, that means some of your nozzles are still clogged. You can do two more rounds of head cleaning to fix it, but if the problem persists, you might want to manually clean your printer head.