How do I Clean Printer Head
Firstly, let’s understand what printer heads exactly are. It is a component of an inkjet printer that has the little nozzles that spray ink on the paper. Dirty or clogged printer heads are a common reason for streaky prints or unwanted smears. Today’s printing technology ensures that you rarely have to clean the printer heads yourself. However, once in a while you get a bad printout even after an automatic head clean. This is when you can follow these steps to manually clean it. HP Printer Assistant.
- Turn on the printer.
- Open the access door.
- Once the printer carriage is in the center, unplug your device from the socket and make sure the cartridges aren’t moving.
- Carefully remove the cartridges according to the recommended method in your printer user manual.
- Now, use a lint-free cloth and some bottled water to wipe off any excess ink on the cartridge contact points. (Make sure you do not touch the nozzle itself)
NOTE: Place/Hold the ink cartridges head up while cleaning the contact points to avoid ink drainage.
- Find the contact points on the print carriage of your printer and wipe it with a lint-free cloth
- Make sure the printer contacts are ink-free and dry.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges and snap them into place before plugging in the power cord.
- Close the cover and once the initialization process is complete, try to print a test page.