HP is one of the most prominent electronics brands mainly because of high-quality hardware devices and software services. Users can choose from a broad range of HP printers and select the one that meets their specific needs. These include all-in-one printers, InkJet, DeskJet and laser printers. To print copies from your HP printer, you need to download and install the printer drivers in your system. This is how you can connect your MAC to an HP printer wirelessly.
Firstly, you’ll have to connect your printer to the wireless network.
- Turn on the printer.
- Touch the wireless icon on your HP printer control panel (This should open the wireless summary on the display screen)
- Press “Settings” and then touch “Wireless Setup Wizard”.
- Follow the wizard prompts to connect your printer to the W-Fi network.
Now, you have to download and install the printer driver on your MAC.
- Visit the official HP website.
- In the “Enter your device’s model number to begin” field, enter your printer model.
- Choose your printer model from the dropdown menu and click “Begin”.
- Click “Download”
- Open the downloaded .dmg file from your download folder to launch the installer.
- Double-click “HP InkJet SW” in the installer window to complete the installation process.
- The software installation will automatically launch the HP Utility software window once the installation is finished.
- In the setup window, click on your printer name and press “Continue”
- Click on “Add Printer” and select your printer name.
NOTE: Make sure you choose the printer that has Bonjour listed under “Kind”
- Now, click on “Use” and select your printer name from the drop-down list.
- Click “Add” to add the printer and click “Continue” in the installer window
- Follow the on-screen prompts and click “Done” once the printer setup is complete.