How to Change Default Printer Settings
Printing from your computer can be customized quite a bit. Printer settings like printing speed, brightness/darkness, orientation, paper sizes can be personalized to your individual needs. This is very useful when you want to print certain batches with particular metrics. For example, printing a PowerPoint presentation in landscape mode or printing documents in lighter ink (to extend the cartridge life of course)
Driver defaults can be changed with the steps given below.
- Click the “Windows icon” and select “Settings” (gear icon)
- Now, click on “Printers and scanners”
- This should show you a list of available printers. Right-click on your printer name and choose “Printing Preferences”
- Here, you can change the settings
To apply default settings to a host of printers connected to a network, follow these steps
- Click “Windows icon” → “Settings” → “Printers and Scanners”
- Find your printer name, right-click and select “Properties”
- Select the “Advanced” tab
- Click on “Printing defaults” and change the settings.