How to Connect Printer to Wifi and Wireless
If your printer is linked to a Windows network, you can connect to it with a LAN cable or a Wi-Fi connection. Depending on your printer configuration, wireless printing can also be enabled through a laptop or PC. Usually, personal users and office spaces operate in a small limited area where a network can be quickly set up (Your laptop/PC can automatically search and add a printer). To do this:
- Click “start” (Windows icon) → Go to “Settings” → Click “Devices” → Select “Printers and scanners”
- Here, you will find an “Add printer or scanner” option. Double-click to open the wizard.
- Click “Next” to begin the process.
- Click on “A network printer or a printer attached to another computer”.
NOTE: You can do this for any machine that wants to connect to a remote printer on the network.
- Use the syntax “\PC_name\printer_name.” to enter the location of the printer. (“PC_name” can be found by right-clicking “My Computer” on your desktop and then select “Properties”)
- Click “Next” → Enter the printer name → Click “next” (Printer name can be found in printer settings)
- Finally, click on “Print a Test Page” and click “Finish” once the print job is done. This should allow you to the printer on your Laptop or PC wirelessly.