Error code 5b00 is a very common problem that appears frequently on Canon printers. When you turn it on and try to print a document, you will first notice that the printer boots normally.
However, it is no longer possible to print or scan a document. The lamp starts glowing green and orange many times, but make sure this article will help you.
We have provided some of the best possible solutions to the problem in the section below. Just make sure to follow them carefully to avoid causing any other issues.
What to do if I get a Canon printer error 5b00?
1. Reset waste ink counter
- First, unplug the power and USB cable from the printer.
- Open the cartridge door and press the power button.
- Continue to hold the power button while plugging the power cord into the wall socket.
- Press and hold the power button until the printer starts resetting itself.
- Once all the lights are on, you can release it.
- Wait for the green electric light to go off.
- Then, quickly press and release the power button twice.
- The green light should blink for a few more seconds and finally stabilize.
- Feel free to close the cartridge door and try printing again.
The 5b00 error is often caused by the ink spilling on your printer in Windows 10. This applies to a full ink absorber or a full waste ink counter, so reset the ink absorber.
You can apply quick fixes to remove many of the error codes that appear when you actually turn on the printer.
2. Manually clean the waste ink pad
- Open the ink cartridge compartment. Depending on the Canon printer model you use, this compartment may be on the front or back of the machine.
- Wait for the ink cartridge to proceed all the way.
- Next, disconnect the printer’s power cord.
- On the back of the cartridge is a row of white rollers. Look for a small square near the roller that looks like a foam pad.
- You have to separate the useless ink absorber by gently pulling on its rubber frame.
- Clean it using a paper towel. Try to collect all the ink waste on pieces of paper towel.
- Put all the cartridges back in their place.
- Reinstall the frame in the printer.
- Now you can press the power button and reconnect the power cord.
- When the printer is on, release the button.
- Wait five seconds and push the power button again. This resets the printer’s internal memory and overrides the 5b00 error code.
3. Some Potential Solutions
If the print head is not clean, it can often lead to this error. Check your print head properly and make sure it is clean as well.
Also, check the ink level of the system. If the ink level is low, you have no choice but to fill the maximum capacity.
Continue the troubleshooting process by resetting your printer to factory settings.
There are several tools available on the Internet to solve internal or hardware problems. You can download them and use them to resolve Canon error code 5b00. But if you are unsure of the reliability of these tools, you can ask our Canon experts for help.