HP Color Printer ‘Unable to print in color
HP Universal Print Driver (UPD) software connects to the HP printer support device to provide exceptional printing capabilities that are installed on the devices: printer and desktop/laptop. Supports a wide range of HP LaserJet printers and HP Multi-functional Printers (MFPs). This print driver has the ability to discover HP printing devices and automatically configure device capabilities.
HP Color LaserJet / HP Color Multifunction (MFP) / HP Enterprise printer and experiencing issues such as not being able to print in color or not being able to print on both sides (automatic duplexing) after installing the Universal Print Driver (UPD)?
Follow the steps to get an instant solution:-
- Check if you are using the latest version of the HP Universal Print Driver (UPD) and make sure your HP printer model supports automatic two-sided and/or color printing.
- You can call Customer Service for more information on the HP Universal Print Driver (UPD).
- You need to open the HP printer properties and under the General tab check the HP printer driver if it supports color printing or not.
Suppose the “Color:” setting in the “General” tab is changed to “No”, then the printer driver will not be able to print in color.
- If the “Color:” setting on the General tab is set to “No”, select the “Device Settings” tab. Under “Installable Options”, click “Automatic Configuration – Disabled” (default). Select the “Update Now” option for automatic configuration.
- If the automatic configuration of the HP universal printer driver (version 5.0 and later) fails, the printer driver is set to the default monochrome settings.
- To fix this problem, you must change the print type settings manually. Click “Device Type: Auto Detect” in the “Device Settings” tab to click the “Color” option.
- After automatic configuration, the option “Duplexer:” “Not installed” appears and then change it to “Installed” manually.
- Check if the “Color: and/or 2 Sided:” setting is set to Yes in the Function option. Select the “Print test page” to confirm. Click OK to save your settings.
For more information on HP Printer or any of its models contact HP Printer Assistant.