How to install a wireless HP Printer on MacOs?
Sometimes, it gets a little confusing between Mac and PC and we get that. And setting up an HP printer on a wireless network makes every new user baffled. So, today we will clear out the confusion and try to make it easier for you so that you can install HP on MacOS on ease.
For that, follow the simple steps below:
Step 1: Get ready for the installation
Gather the necessary items before installing the printer on your wireless network, and then check the connections between the printer and the device.
- The items that you should gather are:
- Network name: SSID is the network name.
- Network password (WEP key or WPA security passphrase)
- Your computer attached to your wireless network
- Access to the Internet (suggested): HP recommends Internet access by broadband such as cable or DSL.
- Your wireless-capable printer: During installation, position your printer close to your machine.
- A USB cable: You may be prompted to attach a USB cable via the installer.
- Assure that the printer, router, and computer are all switched on and that your computer is connected to the same wireless network to which the printer is connected.
- Mount the printer, load the paper into the input tray and the ink cartridges.
- Turn off any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
Step 2: Connect the printer to the wireless network
Utilize Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) to connect the printer so that the HP installer can locate the printer during its installation. To check if it supports the formation of the WPS push-button type, please consult your Wireless Router manual.
- Skip to the next step for downloading and installing the driver if your router doesn’t support WPS.
- Keep on with the next steps if by chance your router supports WPS.
- Press and hold the Wireless Button on the Printer Control Panel.
- Once the wireless light starts blinking, release the button.
- Click and activate the WPS-button on your wireless router within two minutes.
- Wait till two minutes while a network connection is established between the printer and the router.
Now, the wireless light is on and steady, after the printer connects to the network.
Step 3: Download and install the print driver
Download and install the most recent version of the HP website’s full feature printer software.
If you are installing an Auto Wireless Connect screen, use it to finalize the wireless setup. Or else, just follow the guidelines in the installation for setup completion.
- Move to 123.hp.com/laserjet.
- Tap Download.
- Open the Mac dock’s Downloads folder, then press the HP Easy Start to start the installation.
- Go on with the on-screen instructions to complete the software installation.
Here you go, the work is already done here.
Hope we able to help you J