How to install HP ENVY 6200 Printers – Wireless Printer Setup in Windows?
If you want to setup an HP printer on a wireless network (which is Wi-Fi basically) then connect the printer to the network. After that, install the print driver and software from the HP website. Select Wireless as the connection type if it prompts during the installation.
Follow the simple steps below:
Step 1: Prepare for installation
Gather the network name and password before setting up the printer on your wireless network. Now turn on your router, printer, and computer.
Go to How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network if you want to know your network password.
- Gather the following items:
- Network name: SSID (Service Set Identifier) is the network name.
- Network password: The password might also be called the WEP key or WPA security passphrase.
- A computer connected to your wireless network.
- Internet access: HP suggests broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL for software downloads, using Web services, and getting printer updates.
- Assure that the router and computer are turned on and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network to which you want to connect to the printer. During the setup procedure, turn on the printer and keep it close to the computer and it should be within the range of the router.
- Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
Step 2: Connect to the wireless network
Associate the printer to your network with the Wireless Setup Wizard so the HP installer can discover the printer during the establishment.
- Tap the Wireless icon from the Home screen on the printer control panel.
- Tap the Setup icon.
- Tap Wireless Setup Wizard.
- In the list of available networks, touch the name of your network and click OK.
- Tap Enter New Network Name if the list doesn’t contain your network name. And to enter your network name, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Type the WEP or WPA key (network password) if prompted. And then tap Done.
- To return to the Home screen, click OK.
Step 3: Download and install the driver
Go to the HP website and download and install the most current version of the full feature printer software.
While installing if an Auto Wireless Connect Screen displays, use it to complete the wireless setup. Or else, follow the guided steps in the installation software to conclude the setup.
You can also use the installation CD as an alternative method to download the software.
- Go to hp.com/ENVY6200.
- If necessary, choose your model number from the menu. Click Begin, and then click Download.
- Double-tap the driver file with HP Easy Start in the name in the browser downloads bar or in the Downloads folder to begin the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to conclude the connection setup and driver installation.
- To complete the printer registration and activation, come back to the 123.hp.com page in your web browser.
Hope this article is helpful to you 😉