Canon is a Japanese multinational company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, with printers, scanners, optical, imaging, lenses, medical devices and semiconductor manufacturing equipment. In all of them, Canon is known worldwide for wireless office mobile printers such as the Canon IP110. It is a small-sized, lightweight and high-performance portable printer that is best suited for professionals and students. Once you install the Canon IP110 driver, you’re all set to use your printer to get picture-complete photos and professional-looking documents.
If you have just purchased a new Canon IP110 printer or are trying to reinstall it on your Windows or Mac, this document will help you set up your device with a few quick steps.
- Printer initialization begins with unboxing.
- Canon IP110 Driver Download and Installation.
- Connecting Canon IP110 to Windows.
- Connecting Canon IP110 to Mac.
Canon IP110 Printer Initialization
- Canon IP110 printer comes with a lot of safety precautions, and the first step is to remove all the tapes and packaging material from your printer.
- Ensure to keep your printer on a clean surface near the Wi-Fi router and away from any other signaled device.
- While unboxing, remove the power cord, ink cartridges, installation kit, and other parts from the box.
- Connect the power cord to your printer and the other end to the wall socket.
- Install ink cartridges and clean papers in your printer.
- Now your Canon printer might print a test page to verify the correct installation.
- Once you are done with the initial setup, download & install the Canon printer drivers from the Canon support page.
Download and install the Canon IP110 driver
Driver installation is an important part of the printer set. It works as a translator between your printer and computer and helps your Canon printer understand the language of your computer. In two different ways, you can download the driver – the first way is using the installation disk, and the second way is downloading the driver package directly from the Canon Package website.
Through Canon printer support website
- If you do not have an installation disc, you can go to the Canon Support website.
- Once you land on the Canon IP110 driver installation webpage, your operating system will be selected by default, and you can change it if needed.
- Now click on the download button, and you will get the printer installer file on your PC.
- Go to the Downloads folder on your computer, double click the Canon printer download file and follow the instructions to install the printer on your computer.
Connect Canon IP110 to Windows :
- When installing the Canon IP110 printer driver choose Wireless LAN as the collection method, and then click the Next button.
- Now choose Access Point Connection and click on Next again.
- Make sure you have your printer turned on, and the white light is on; Once you see it, click Next.
- If you are trying to set up your printer for the first time, click “Settings cannot be found in the printer list” and click on next.
- Click on all screens next until you reach the setup process selection page.
- Click on cableless setup here, hold down the wifi button on your printer, and release when light number 2 flashes twice.
- Now again, hold down the next button and choose your location.
- License agreement, agree with Canon products, and follow all instructions to connect your Canon IP110 to a Windows computer.
- Finally, you can print a test page and once the installation is complete, click Exit.
Connect Canon IP110 to Mac :
- After downloading the drivers from the CD or Canon support website, the initial set up appears on the screen; Click Next.
- Now you can be asked to enter the admin name and password and then click on the install assistant.
- Click Next> Wireless LAN Connection> Next> Access Point Connection> Next.
- Now make sure that you have turned on your printer and click Next.
- If this is the first time you are trying to connect your printer, make sure (Settings cannot be found in the printer list) is selected, click Next.
- Click Open on the Canon Set Up Guide, click Next, click Cableless Setup, hold down the WiFi button on your printer until the power lamp flashes twice, and then release, click Next.
- When the white lamp is still, and the WiFi lamp is blazing quickly, it shows that the printer is about a connection with the network; Click Next.
- Click Allow> Next> Enter Location> Next on the next screen and select Yes on the license agreement.
- Now keep following the on-screen instructions, print a test page, and click Exit when the installation is complete.
Need printer support?
Whether you have a Mac or Windows, you can use these steps to install the Canon IP110 at your workplace. With a quick Canon IP110 driver download and installation on your computer, start using the printer to get high-quality images and perfect office presentations. If you require any assistance, contact Canon Printer Support for immediate assistance.