HP Envy 5531 Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer Software
- Resolve scan connection issues by uninstalling the printer software before reinstalling the latest driver.Disconnect the USB cable from the printer, if necessary.
- In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.
- Under Programs or Programs and Features, click Uninstall a program to open the list of installed programs.
- Click the HP printer name to open the uninstall confirmation window, and then click Yes to complete the software removal.
- Make sure the printer is turned on, cartridges are installed, and plain paper is loaded in the main tray.
- Go to HP Software & Driver Download, type your printer model and follow the instructions to download and install the driver.
- During the installation, select the full software option to get the most out of your HP printer, and then follow the steps to set up the printer connection.