HP envy 5542 Wireless Printer Setup
The HP Envy 5542 model truly deserves its “All-in-One” title, as it offers lightweight features at an affordable price. Nowadays it has been observed that most of the HP printer users ask about setting up an all-in-one printer for the HP Envy 5542. As the printer setup is known, the first step in using it is, or if you are wondering how to set up your HP envy 5542 wireless setup Here’s a quick guide to easily setting up the HP Envy 5542 All-in-One Printer.
4 New Methods for HP envy 5542 Wireless Printer Setup :
There are different ways to configure the HP Envy 5542 All-In-One printer model. Here we describe some of the most effective and simple ways to help you set up your HP envy 5542 Wifi.
Let’s take a look at the simple ways you can configure the HP Envy 5542 all-in-one printer model.
Methods:- Set up your HP Envy 5542 All-in-One printer using the driver
You can try setting up the HP Envy 5542 All-in-One by downloading the driver from the HP Support website. Other than that, you can install the latest HP Envy 5542 all-in-one printer driver with the help of the driver installation CD that came with the printer. Both methods are described in detail in the next section. So, scroll down and then read on to find out more.
Method 1: With the driver installation disc
The HP Envy 5542 all-in-one printer model can be conveniently configured using the driver installation CD. To do this, please follow the steps below.
- You must ensure that a wireless network is installed before starting the setup process.
- Then, to actually configure your HP printer model, you need to follow the manual guide. Now install the printer driver from the CD on your computer that comes with the HP Envy 5542 all-in-one printer model.
- To use some of the advanced features of your HP printer (the HP ePrint feature), make sure you have a good internet connection before proceeding.
- Now, insert the CD and hit the Install option when the menu appears.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to start the installation process next. The installation process will take a few minutes to install the driver.
- Before that, it will check the printer to see if it is configured properly.
Method 2: Download the latest driver
Here’s another way to try setting up an HP all-in-one printer. However, if you want to download the new driver from the HP support website for the HP Envy 5542 all-in-one printer model, you should follow these steps:
- First, you need to go to your system’s web browser. Then open your web browser and type in the address bar of the HP Help web page. You can then try to access any web browser based on your choice or availability. Including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and many more.
- Open the HP support website and go to the printer support page on the website.
- Type your printer’s model name on the Printer Support tab and choose your model name from the list of HP printers.
- Now, you must define the appearance of the program. Before that, you must choose the specific driver for your HP printer model from the Drivers section of the website.
- Once you have completed the steps above, double click on the driver that you downloaded to your system. After that, you need to click the Next button and follow the on-screen instructions to start the driver installation process.
- The installation process on your device will take some time to complete.
- Next, verify that your printer has the correct settings with the correct settings.
Method 3: Set Up your HP Envy 5542 All-in-One Printer using the WPS PIN (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) or Wireless Settings Menu
Review the section details and you’ll get some helpful and efficient steps for configuring your HP Envy 5542 all-in-one printer model. The steps are as follows:
- First, you need to make sure your HP Envy 5542 all-in-one printer model is turned on before starting the setup process with the WPS button.
- Next, you’ll need to press the wireless button on the control panel for your HP Envy 5542 all-in-one printer model.
- Now go directly to the option to set up your printer. Then you need to select the Wireless Setup Wizard option in the settings options.
- Now, to complete the process, you will receive instructions on the screen.
- Follow the instructions and on-screen reminders to complete the wireless link setup for your printer model.
- Next, you need to enter the detailed information for your network. Enter the username and network password when setting up your printer.
- Now, to start the installation process of the HP Envy 5542 printer model driver, you need to insert the printer drivers CD.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless setup process for the HP Envy 5542 All-in-One printer model.
- You should then check your printer to make sure it is properly configured with the correct driver.
Method 4: Set Up your HP Envy 5542 All-in-One Printer using the Mobile Set Up Process
With the HP Envy 5542, print jobs can be easily completed directly from your mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. However, to do that, you need to follow some basic steps.
The steps are explained below.
- First, you need to make sure that the HP Envy 5542 All-in-One is turned on. Also, you need to verify that the power light on the HP Envy 5542 printer model is on.
- Next, you need to check the network. Your cell phone and printer must be connected to the same wireless or Ethernet (wired) network as the printer.
- After that, you need to go to the Wi-Fi settings option of your smartphone. Connect your device to a wired or wireless network.
- Now the photo or document you want to print should open on your smartphone. Click Print on your smartphone.
- A preview screen will appear on your smartphone screen after clicking the Print button. You can choose HP Envy 5542 using the preview screen.
- Alternatively, if necessary, you can change the print job settings in the Print Preview pane.
- When you make the necessary settings, click the option to print on your smartphone.
- It also gives you alternatives to complete the print job as needed. Such as print color, number of copies, paper size, paper width, and orientation.