This post has been prepared for the issue related to HP Printer Assistant not Working in Windows 10.
HP Printer Assistant is a managing software to set up the printer, scan, order supplies, check ink levels, and more. It comes with HP printers made after 2009.
Just after upgrading the computer from Windows 7 to 10, users might encounter a problem of the HP Printer Assistant not working.
After upgrading Windows, the printer information in HP Printer Assistant and Windows was lost.
This may occur because of the following reasons:
- If something damages the HP Printer Assistant tool setup file.
- There is a chance that the antivirus of your device thinks the assistant tool as a warning to the device.
- It can be a cause if there are any pending updates available for the printer’s driver.
To fix such difficulties you need to reconnect printer or reinstall the drivers.
Reconnect your printer (Step 1 to solve the HP Printer Assistant not working)
- Click on the printer icon on the desktop, this will show you the printer setup screen,
- Now click on “connect a new printer”, and complete all the needed steps to reconnect the printer again.
- Now try to reopen the printer assistant software, If you can open, the problem is corrected. But if not, you require to continue with the next step.
Uninstall HP printer software
(Step 2 to solve the HP Printer Assistant not working)
Uninstall the HP Printer software from the computer and next reinstall the driver. Observe the following steps:
- Do sure USB cable is disconnected from the printer.
- Soon open the control panel and click on Programs and Features.
- From the listing of all program choose HP printer software, and click Uninstall
- Then Restart the computer.
When the uninstalling of HP Printer software is finished, you need to download and install the refreshed version of the software from the official HP Website.
- Visit the HP Official Site
- As quickly as you click on the HP Official Site link, you will land to the page where you will be asked to identify your product,
- You require to click on the printer, now just type the printer model number and click submit.
Disable Installed Antivirus
Many times the reinstalled antivirus of your device may think the HP Printer Assistant as a threat to the system. That’s why antivirus restricts the assistant tool to work efficiently. If your problem is in this area, then just disable the antivirus at the time of working in the printer.
After going through the report if you still can’t fix the issue, then feel free to call the HP Customer Support Toll-Free Number to take get solutions from expert technicians. In HP Customer Support We endeavor the best solution to get rid of the issues.
Assistant for HP Printer Model
|HP officejet pro 8610||HP deskjet 2540||Officejet pro 8600|
|HP deskjet gt 5810||HP deskjet 2600||Officejet pro 8610|
|HP deskjet gt 5820||HP deskjet 2630||Officejet pro 8620|
|Deskjet 3050||HP deskjet 3050 j610||Deskjet 2135|
|HP Printer 6978||HP Deskjet 1510||Deskjet 2130|
|HP Printer 8715||HP Printer 2620||HP Printer 6970|
|HP Printer 7510||HP Printer 8720||HP Printer 3720|
|HP Printer 7610||HP Printer 410||HP Printer 3830|
|HP Printer 7612||HP Printer 3630||HP Printer 4650|
|HP Printer 7740||HP Printer 3635||HP Printer 5520|
|HP Printer 6700||HP Printer 8710||HP Printer 6830|
|HP Printer 3700||HP Envy 7640||HP Printer 6960|
|Printer Assistant for Mac||HP Printer Assistant Mac||HP Printer 6968|