HP Printers Assistant Mac
This document is for HP printers and Mac computers.
Set up your HP printer for a USB cable connection to a Mac computer.
- To get the most supported features from a USB connected printer, install the full-featured HP driver.
Step 1: Prepare for the Printer Setup
Check requirements to prepare for the USB-connection setup and driver installation HP Printers Assistant Mac.
Confirm the following requirements and items before you begin:
- The printer is turned on.
- Obtain a USB cable less than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length.
There is an available USB port on your computer:
- If you connect through a USB hub or docking station, the printer might not receive enough power to properly operate.
- Disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer. Do not reconnect the cable until prompted during the driver installation step HP Printer Assistant Mac.
Step 2: Install the driver and set up the connection
Depending on your printer and operating system version, a full feature driver or the HP Easy Start guided installation app is available to download HP Printers Assistant Mac.
Go to 123.hp.com, enter your printer model, and then click Begin. Depending on your printer and operating system version, the guided driver installation app HP Easy Start downloads, or you are redirected to the HP Software and Driver Downloads page to install the full feature driver.
NOTE: When the Install screen displays, make sure HP Scan or HP Easy Scan is selected if your printer has a scanner to enable full scan functionality.
If HP Easy Start downloads, follow the on-screen instructions to set up and install your printer. You do not need to complete the remaining steps in this section if the setup is successful.
- If Easy Start fails or your printer is not listed on 123.hp.com, continue with these steps to install a driver from the HP website.
- Go to HP Software and Driver Downloads, enter your printer model, if prompted, and then confirm the operating system version is correct.
HP Printer Assistant Mac Under Driver-Product Installation Software, click Download next to HP Easy Start or the full feature driver, depending on the option that displays, and then open the HP Easy Start file or the HP .dmg file in the Downloads folder or browser bar to begin the installation.
- If you are prompted for a printer connection type, select USB.
- On the Install screen, make sure HP Scan or HP Easy Scan is selected if your printer has a scanner to enable full scan functionality.
HP Printers Assistant Mac If you are prompted to add the printer to the printer queue, click the name of your printer model, click the Use or Print Using menu, select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu, and then click Add.