HP Wireless Printer Support
HP Tango Printers=> Wireless Printer Setup
This document is for HP Tango and Tango X printers.
Use Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) or HP Smart to establish a wireless connection between your printer and network.
Step 1: Prepare for installation
Make sure your printer is turned on and your mobile device or computer is on the same wireless network you want to connect the printer to.
- To use your printer on a wireless network, you need the following items:
- A compatible computer or mobile device connected to your wireless network
- Internet access
- Make sure the router and computer or mobile device are turned on.
- Make sure the computer or mobile device is connected to the same wireless network to which you want to connect the printer.
- Set up the printer, load paper into the input tray, and install the ink cartridges. For more information about setting up the printer, go to First Time Printer Setup.
- Turn on the printer and place it close to the computer and within range of the router during the setup procedure.
Step 2: Connect the printer to your wireless network
Use WPS or HP Smart to establish a wireless connection between your printer and network.
Connect the printer with WPS
If your router supports WPS, use these steps to connect your printer to your wireless network with the WPS button on the router.
- Turn on the printer.
- Locate the WPS button on your router, but do not press it yet.If your router does not support WPS, skip to the next step to connect the printer with the HP Smart app.
- On the back of the printer, press and hold the Wireless button and Power button at the same time for 5 seconds.
- On the router, press and hold the WPS button for 3 to 5 seconds or until it shows that the WPS connection process has started.
NOTE:The printer stops searching for a WPS connection two minutes after the wireless button is pressed. If you were unable to press the WPS button within that timeframe, attempt these steps again.Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.