How To Install HP Printer Driver In Ubuntu
How do I install HP Officejet Pro network printers and scanners on Ubuntu Linux Imaging and Printing) software? It is an official program that supports a wide range of HP printers, including Deskjet, Officejet, Photosmart, PSC, Business Inkjet, OfficeJet, LaserJet, and more. The program also supports color and monochrome scanning in Ubuntu Linux. This page describes how to install an HP printer and scanner in Ubuntu Linux.
install the HP printer driver for Ubuntu
- Turn on the printer to process the driver installation on ubuntu.
- Install the Scan Utility, Xsane, HPLIP and SANE, and Kooka packages.
- Initialize the ubuntu script by running hp-setup.
- In the pop-up message “HP Device Manager – Printer Configuration Wizard”, select the connection type.
- Select “USB (Universal Serial Bus)”
- select the name of your HP printer and click the “Next” option
- Then select either of the two PPD files available in the open window
- Click the “Next” option and rename the printer.
- Then confirm your settings.
- In the end, the driver installation was completed.
Click on the link and you will be directed to the driver download page for setting up the HP Ubuntu printer. There you can choose what you want. A full process is provided on how to install the HP printer driver in Ubuntu step-by-step. To install Ubuntu Printer Driver Ubuntu, you need to follow the steps below accordingly. Follow the steps and install the HP printer driver.
- Switch on the printer, before going to the process on how to install drivers on ubuntu.
- Install the HPLIP and SANE Packages, Scan Utility, Xsane, and Kooka. After installing the required packages, run install.
- By default, HPLIP is installed on Ubuntu. To initialize the Ubuntu HP Printer Setup script, you have to run hp-setup.
- Now, the “HP Device Manager – Printer Setup Wizard” pops up and prompts you to select the printer connection type.
- Here you have to select the “USB (universal serial bus)” option and then you have to tap the “Next” button.
- Now, you need to highlight or select your HP printer name. After selecting your printer name, tap the “Next” option.
- In the window opened now, as long as the wizard recommends it, you can select any of the two available PPD files.
- After selecting the PPD file, click the “Next” option. Now, you can change the name of your printer in this step.
- Now, you have to confirm your settings. If you want to print a test page then you can also test its scanner.
- As an end step, the driver installation completes by following the above process on How to Install HP Printer Driver in Ubuntu.
Install HP Officejet Series Printer Driver In Ubuntu?
You can quickly download and install HP Printer Driver Ubuntu for the HP Officejet printer driver from our website, click on the link and you will be taken to the download page, where you can download the best driver. After downloading the printer driver, just follow the steps to complete installing the HP Officejet printer driver. Follow the steps below on how to install the HP Officejet printer driver in Ubuntu and install the printer driver.
- Before proceeding with the installation process of how to install the HP printer driver in Ubuntu, you must turn on the printer.
- Then install HPLIP, SANE, Scan Utility, Xsane, and Kooka packages and run Sudo apt-get install.
- hp-setup to configure Ubuntu HP Printer Setup, and HPLIP is installed by default on Ubuntu.
- Select the type of printer connection, such as USB, in the “HP Device Manager – Printer Setup Wizard” and click “Next” and choose your printer.
- Click Next -> Next and confirm the setting. Follow the steps above on how to install the HP Officejet printer driver in Ubuntu.