Override the Low Ink Warning in Windows PC
Without a doubt, the most frustrating experience for a printer user is when printer problems appear out of nowhere the moment you start printing. Users see low ink warnings on their screen when they know that the ink cartridge has recently been full, hampering their productivity. The situation where users see a small blinking light or an error message on their screen makes them think that there is something wrong with their printer when there is not. Low ink warning on Windows PC.
Methods for Representing Low Ink Levels:
The two methods used by printers to render low inks are the flickering of a light or a built-in chip. In printers like the Canon PGI-450XL, laser light passes through the cartridge and measures the ink level. If the cartridge is clean, the light works.
While in some printers there are pre-installed chips that do what is necessary. There is a predetermined number of sheets that a printer prints before it runs out. The chip registers that number and the moment that sheet number is printed, the chip begins to display the ink level warning signal. Usually this starts when the cartridge is 75% empty.
Fortunately, with human intelligence, most problems can be solved. Now that we’ve understood the causes of these random warning signs, let’s understand how to override low printer ink levels on Canon printer.
How to bypass the ink levels of the printer?
- Right-click the Start button and go to the “All Applications” option in the context menu.
- Click the printer icon to access your printer setup or printer settings.
- Then go to Settings, Utilities or Tools on the application toolbar. If you see an “Estimated Ink Level” button, click it and let the printer communicate to find out the exact ink levels in your printer’s ink cartridge.
- Otherwise, you can click Advanced Settings, Warnings, or Advanced Settings to check the ink level.
- Select Do not show low ink warnings.
- Select the OK button.
How to override printer ink levels in Canon printers?
Follow the steps below to check ink levels manually on Canon printers.
- First of all, you need to open the Canon IJ Status Monitor application.
- Open the printer driver settings installed on your Windows system and click the “View Printer Status” option in the Maintenance tab.
- The Canon IJ Status Monitor may look and function slightly differently depending on the country or region you selected when setting up your printer.
- If the ink levels are low, you will see a warning mark at the top of the ink level icon. This means that you must change the ink cartridge.
- If you are getting too many ink level warnings and want to turn off push notifications, follow the steps below.
First, press and hold the STOP / RESET or RESUME / CANCEL button on the printer for at least 7 seconds, then release it. This will stop the notifications. However, you may need to do this multiple times depending on the number of empty ink cartridges.