What is WPS?
WPS is a wireless technology that stands for ‘Wi-Fi Protected Setup’. WPS makes the connection between the wireless router and various gadgets quite smoother and uninterrupted. Wi-Fi Protected Setup is a wireless network security standard.
This technology works only with wireless networks that are being secured by using a password that is encrypted with various protocols such as the WPA Personal or WPA2 Personal security protocols.
Where there is a standard security configuration, we can not make the connection of a wireless device to a wireless network. For this type of connection, we must have the network name which is commonly known as SSID and its password that is commonly called as WPA-PSK key.
How to connect the HP printer with WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup). HP printers come with various functionalities and latest technology. Connecting with the wireless network is one of the top features of the HP printer as you can print your important files and documents without being nearer to the printer. Please follow the instructions to connect your printer with WPS WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup).
- To switch on the printer plug in the power cord and place print cartridges in its position. After turning on the printer, your printer will go through some of its startup routine that includes printing a dummy page to check the essential things.
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup has two modes to connect the printer with your wireless router together over a wireless connection. First is known as “pushbutton” and the other one is known as “PIN”.
- “Pushbutton” has by far the simplest process. Here, we are stating some of the conditions that need to be met in order to use WPS pushbutton mode:
- you will need to make sure that both your printer and wireless router must support WPS pushbutton mode. To check this, whether your devices are compatible with WPS pushbutton mode or not, you should check that on the instructions manuals of your printer and wireless router.
- You will need to make sure that your wireless router should have a physical WPS pushbutton available there on your router for you to access it.
- You will need to make sure that your wireless network must use the encrypted WPA or WPA2 security protocols. default for your wireless network name i.e. SSID and no security.
Follow these two steps to connect your wireless printer to your wireless router using Wi-Fi Protected Setup :
- Locate the WPS pushbutton mode on your printer and start it. To know, how to start this mode, you can see step by step instructions on the printer’s manual.
- Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button placed on your router.
- And that’s it, your printer is connected to your wireless network
Thanks for reading 🙂